|Posted by Rebecca on November 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Fr. Matt on April 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM||comments (0)|
Our current 7th and 10th grade students selling stock in our youth to help raise funds for our emerging youth ministry program. Of particular interest for this year are our 2 summer CYE (Catholic Youth Expeditions) outings (one for middle-school youth [June 23] and one for high-school youth [July 25-28]). Please support our young people as they have fun growing closer to Jesus and His Church!
For more information, contact one of our 7th or 10th grade students (they'll be selling shares of stock after Masses this spring) or go online at:
|Posted by Fr. Matt on March 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM||comments (0)|
Fr. Matt will be making the journey to Marquette Mtn. to participate in part of our parish ski trip on Saturday, March 13. Because of this, the 9 AM Saturday confession time will be canceled on this Saturday. St. Mary and St. Joseph parish in Iron Mountain has confessions at 11 AM on Saturday, Fr. Matt will be back for confessions at 3 PM on this Saturday.
|Posted by Fr. Matt on February 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
1. Our adult faith enrichment series, a Quick Journey Through the Bible, will continue this Thursday, February 11th, at 6:30. Please join us for this journey throughscripture.
2. Please contact Becky Aderman for details about our community ski outing to Norway Mountain next Saturday.
3. Our Parish Pastoral council will meet next Tuesday, Feb. 16th following the 6 PM Mass.
4. Do you have palm leaves from Palm Sunday last year? Please drop them off in the parish office so that we can burn them to make the ashes for Ash Wednesday. Our Ash Wednesday Mass will take place here on February 17th at 7:00 PM.
5. You can expect to receive your annual mailing for the Bishop’s Appeal during this week. Please take a moment to read over the materials and respond as generously as you can.
6. Due to Fr. Matt being on vacation this week, our weekly Tuesday evening Mass will be replaced by a short prayer service, and confessions next Saturday will only take place in the afternoon, from 3 – 3:45 pm.
7. Please take a moment to sign up to have your pictures taken for our new parish directory. Remember to also fill out and take a reminder sheet with you. You should plan to spend around 1 hour for your appointment.
8. Also, while you’re waiting to sign up for your photos, take a moment to browse through our new and growing parish library for books, videos, and other media.
|Posted by Fr. Matt on January 30, 2010 at 11:00 PM||comments (0)|
Due to my upcoming vacation, I will be gone from Friday, February 5, until Sunday, February 14. Because of this, our Tuesday evening Mass will not take place on February 9 (Stay tuned here, as we will likely offer a Liturgy of the Word service in place of Mass for this evening). Also, the 9 am Saturday confessions will be canceled on Feb. 6 and 13. The 3 pm confession times will still be offered by my replacement: Fr. Dan Moll. For those seeking a morning confession time on these 2 Saturdays, St. Mary St. Joe's parish in Iron Mountain has confessions from 11am - noon.
|Posted by Fr. Matt on January 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM||comments (0)|
1. Our adult faith enrichment series, a Quick Journey Through the Bible, will continue this Thursday, February 4th, at 6:30. Now would be a good time to join us for this journey through scripture.
2. We are in need of a temporary part time maintenance person to see us through therest of winter. If you or anyone you know may be interested in this position, please contact the parish office.
3. We are planning a ski trip for our youth on Saturday, March 13, to MarquetteMountain. Also, in order to get a group discount for our ski outing to Norway mountain on Saturday, Feb. 13, we still need about 6 people to sign up. Pleasesee Becky Aderman for details.
4. Do you have palm leaves from Palm Sunday last year? Please drop them off in the parish office so that we can burn them to make the ashes for Ash Wednesday.
5. We are still accepting artistic concepts for the etched glass in our new churchdoors. Please submit your ideas by next Sunday. In coming weeks, these designs will be displayed and all parishioners will be asked to help select the design(s) that will be used.
6. Please take a moment to sign up to have your pictures taken for our new parish directory. Remember to also fill out and take a reminder sheet with you. Youshould plan to spend around 1 hour for your appointment.